I have contact studypool support through the chat in order to figure out why they were charging commission from my tips. They replied that tips are 100% the tutors.

However, I showed them mathematically that they had taken 30% out of my tips as well. And they said they would escalate it and I'd get an answer through chat. I've contacted them a few more times since then, and they stopped reading my messages. They also already sent my payment but didn't include the part of the tip they took out, and they also increased my payout threshold to $50 instead of $15.

I just want to talk to someone about getting the full amount of my tip, and about the threshold increase, and about ensuring that commission isn't charged from my tips in the future. But they won't cooperate.

Review about: Studypool Customer Care.

Comments

AmberK
Studypool Verified Representative

Hello my name is Amber from Studypool. I am in charge of Customer Happiness.

I am glad you’ve had a good experience on our site. Everyday we strive for greatness on our site and we are currently working on improving our user interface.

We take all of your feedback into consideration.

You are more than welcome to continue using our site to post questions or answer questions as a tutor.

If you have any doubts, you can contact our Customer Service Representatives and they will gladly assist you.

Looking forward to see you on our site,

Amber S. Studypool Customer Success

to AmberK Waterloo, Iowa, United States #1316543

You didn't even address my concern. Not even on here.

Why apply on here when you wouldn't talk to me on there, and why even reply to this if you were just going to use a generic comment that doesn't answer or address my concern? No thanks Studypool. You can keep your comments. Your tutors know how bad you are.

Update: they told me that commission gets charged for the entire balance, including the tips. Which means the tips, although they continued to lie and tell me are 100% the tutors, are actually only 70% the tutors and it's false advertising. They just use that to make students pay more when a tutor does a good job.

To Studypool it's just extra money for them. They are so corrupt it makes me so angry.

AmberK
Studypool Verified Representative

Hello,

Hello, my name is Amber and I am in charge of Customer Success at Studypool.

I am sorry for this regrettable experience on out site. It seems there was confusion about information about tips.

All tutors get charged a 30% commission off of withdrawals they make, tips included.

Please feel free to contact me at amber@studypool.com with your username and a brief description of the case.

Looking forward to answer any doubts,

Amber S. Studypool Customer Success