I am not some Third-World joker starving to get $5 assignments; I have a master's in electrical engineering, ran a computer security consultancy for quite some time, and, in the distant past, taught electronic circuits and electrodynamics at Case.
Studypool is unable to moderate complaints from its thieving student body. As a result, the student is always right. They post, "Sorry, could you also do these ten additional problems that I forgot to post," and Studypool--being too ignorant to do otherwise--rules in their favor, summarily "suspending" quality tutors and withholding their previously earned payments for top-quality work. And does the "review team" respond? They don't even publish a phone number; they hide behind Internet chat!
As if that weren't bad enough, as soon as one student complains, his colluding little friends all pop up with frivolous issues--even to the point of forging messages in the chat stream (which is, like, painfully obvious) to try to make it look like they posted some requirement originally that they OBVIOUSLY just thought up ten minutes ago.
Half the problem might be that Studypool is unable to vet its tutors, most of whom are Third-World trash. I have seen Kenyan pharmacists bid on engineering projects and Pakistani economists bid on astrophysics projects. The students are too imbecilic to know the difference (despite the prospect of having their work done for a pittance, they lack the discipline even to post an assignment in complete, understandable fashion), and they choose that tutor. Result: a "flop" of a tutoring job; a pissed-off student; and yet another nail in Studypool's coffin.
As for the "online tutoring" portion of the site, all I see is the same stale (eighteen days old!) request for economics tutoring popping up every five minutes. To top it off, the site routinely crashes while one is endeavoring to send a chat message or post a completed assignment. And I do mean ROUTINELY!
And I thought Chegg was a somewhat low-class site. But these folks at Studypool truly take the cake!
More Review Details
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Online Tutoring And Homework Help
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "This is a fair and honest review of my experience with DUSTIN VICE and his company http://alliancecoachingsystem.com/. He calls himself a “A professional, top accredited Personal & Business Development Coach,..."
- "Dear Admin, Hi. My name is Sessario Bayu Mangkara. I live in Jakarta and I worked as a freelancer for environmental consulting. I am confusing about my membership status in..."
- "I would be VERY interested in a class action lawsuit against AIU online for fraudulent acceptance of student loan monies they took from me and then provided inferior, abusive, and..."
- "We purchased a SS appliance package from Home Dumpot; I mean Home Depot during an construction project. The unit wasn't ready to accepted delivery but we accepted at the..."
- "I am writing to you because I am at my wits end wit Thor Industries, Damon. I have contacted them regarding a serious problem many of us are having with..."
- "3rd time we are here waisting our time because whoever opens on Saturday its always late , like 6 customer came already and they left leaving this comments on the..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "thanks for always give us the best quality kitchen cabinets, i must say, your service and price is very good, your serivce make me very happy. It is really an..."