I am not some Third-World joker starving to get $5 assignments; I have a master's in electrical engineering, ran a computer security consultancy for quite some time, and, in the distant past, taught electronic circuits and electrodynamics at Case.
Studypool is unable to moderate complaints from its thieving student body. As a result, the student is always right. They post, "Sorry, could you also do these ten additional problems that I forgot to post," and Studypool--being too ignorant to do otherwise--rules in their favor, summarily "suspending" quality tutors and withholding their previously earned payments for top-quality work. And does the "review team" respond? They don't even publish a phone number; they hide behind Internet chat!
As if that weren't bad enough, as soon as one student complains, his colluding little friends all pop up with frivolous issues--even to the point of forging messages in the chat stream (which is, like, painfully obvious) to try to make it look like they posted some requirement originally that they OBVIOUSLY just thought up ten minutes ago.
Half the problem might be that Studypool is unable to vet its tutors, most of whom are Third-World trash. I have seen Kenyan pharmacists bid on engineering projects and Pakistani economists bid on astrophysics projects. The students are too imbecilic to know the difference (despite the prospect of having their work done for a pittance, they lack the discipline even to post an assignment in complete, understandable fashion), and they choose that tutor. Result: a "flop" of a tutoring job; a pissed-off student; and yet another nail in Studypool's coffin.
As for the "online tutoring" portion of the site, all I see is the same stale (eighteen days old!) request for economics tutoring popping up every five minutes. To top it off, the site routinely crashes while one is endeavoring to send a chat message or post a completed assignment. And I do mean ROUTINELY!
And I thought Chegg was a somewhat low-class site. But these folks at Studypool truly take the cake!
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Online Tutoring And Homework Help
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Do yourself a huge favour and walk away from TCI..a friend spent over $50K on their so called education and they could not give her the "diploma" she had signed..."
- "Many people in the permaculture community have had similar experiences with Nicholas Burtner. Ranging from arrogance and a know-it-all attitude (sadly without knowing it all) to a picture of Jesus..."
- "The company code studio It solution is a fake comapany using my company name with any prior notice and without my comapny permission. I want you to take action agaianst..."
- "I chose From You Flowers because my boyfriend had a $10 gift card that he received as compensation from this company when they sent a random arrangement of filler flowers..."
- "I now deeply regret not having checked first with the BBB in South Florida prior to doing business with City Furniture. Turns out the BBB has over 300 unresolved complaints..."
- "My message was too long so it's in picturesRead it ..."
- "Disappointing service by Dynamite CLothing I placed an online order for 2 dresses on Nov 28,2016 and selected "2 day delivery" by paying $20 extra. Items were shipped on Nov..."
- " Disgusted with this company. I'd just set up my own Ltd company, and being completely naive and trusting, I was told by a rather smug *** scammer known as..."
- "I purchased a box of crackers and each pack had what looked like and crumbled like peanut butter. I was completely disappointed and call the manufacturer and they stated it..."