I am not some Third-World joker starving to get $5 assignments; I have a master's in electrical engineering, ran a computer security consultancy for quite some time, and, in the distant past, taught electronic circuits and electrodynamics at Case.
Studypool is unable to moderate complaints from its thieving student body. As a result, the student is always right. They post, "Sorry, could you also do these ten additional problems that I forgot to post," and Studypool--being too ignorant to do otherwise--rules in their favor, summarily "suspending" quality tutors and withholding their previously earned payments for top-quality work. And does the "review team" respond? They don't even publish a phone number; they hide behind Internet chat!
As if that weren't bad enough, as soon as one student complains, his colluding little friends all pop up with frivolous issues--even to the point of forging messages in the chat stream (which is, like, painfully obvious) to try to make it look like they posted some requirement originally that they OBVIOUSLY just thought up ten minutes ago.
Half the problem might be that Studypool is unable to vet its tutors, most of whom are Third-World trash. I have seen Kenyan pharmacists bid on engineering projects and Pakistani economists bid on astrophysics projects. The students are too imbecilic to know the difference (despite the prospect of having their work done for a pittance, they lack the discipline even to post an assignment in complete, understandable fashion), and they choose that tutor. Result: a "flop" of a tutoring job; a pissed-off student; and yet another nail in Studypool's coffin.
As for the "online tutoring" portion of the site, all I see is the same stale (eighteen days old!) request for economics tutoring popping up every five minutes. To top it off, the site routinely crashes while one is endeavoring to send a chat message or post a completed assignment. And I do mean ROUTINELY!
And I thought Chegg was a somewhat low-class site. But these folks at Studypool truly take the cake!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Online Tutoring And Homework Help
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "THE COLLEGE IS NOT PROVIDING THE STUDENTS WITH INTERNSHIP AND 2 YEAR WORK PERMIT IN MALDIVES AS PROMISED. Whereas promises were made to us and students that if student completes his..."
- "During my BCNH diploma in Nutritional Therapy I dropped out, because I felt deceived by BCNH, due to concerns related to: 1) lack of transparency, 2) inadequate teaching methodologies, expertise..."
- "I placed an order with the website fema-study.com I had successfully paid for the items to be delivered to my email and to my home. The guides were never delivered. I..."
- "I ordered the free trial and never would believe it made my hair worse!! My hair is falling out!!!! Scream! I pleaded with them for help!! My doctor said it..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "Visitors to PSFIFACoins get not only FIFA 15 Coins for all the consoles and Xbox One and other devices but get them at cheap price too. One of the specialities..."
- "3rd time we are here waisting our time because whoever opens on Saturday its always late , like 6 customer came already and they left leaving this comments on the..."
- "I purchased a new air conditioner on 4-25-13. They install it wrong and water was leaking on the cover and ground. Since installing it they have not fixed it...."
- "Summary: Fellowship VS. Big Business I know that this is a business site and that is why i'm here. This place is pretending to be a church and it is just..."