Resolved
4.3
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Mar 21

Much to my surprise, after filing a long and somewhat nasty complaint with the customer service department, studypool decided to grant my payment. The issue has been resolved.

Original review posted by user Mar 21

I have been working for Studypool for several months now. It has been good for the most part. In an effort to protect students, they have the option to request a refund if they are not happy with the work they receive, as they should.

However, as of late, students post high dollar assignments, get top notch work, and then they file for a refund. The tutor has an avenue to respond, but 99% of the time, they grant the refund to the student.

Just this past week, I got a tutor assignment to assist a student with a packet of high school geometry problems. I am a college professor (yes I know...) with a Masters Degree. I was to get paid $70 for the work, which took about 10 hours to complete.

I did exactly what was asked, and turned the work into the student. Within an hour after receiving my work, they come back and say that they received a failing grade or their tutor wasn't qualified, and wanted a refund. I sent my response to Studypool, stating my case, yet the student was granted a full $70.00 refund.

I turned the assignment over to the student late at night, yet an hour later it was already graded? How is that even possible? I don't know any teacher that could accurately grade an assignment with 40+ problems, in the middle of the night. All a student has to do is say they got a bad grade and boom, instant refund.

This happened a few weeks ago, as well. I helped someone with a computer programming assignment. I compiled the program for them, sent them screenshots of the output showing that it was working perfectly, without errors. Then they come back and say it wasn't what the teacher wanted and boom, another refund and another $50 and couple hours worth of work gone.

It's getting frustrating to say the least and students are learning what wording to use to get an instant refund. If you are considering using Studypool as a tutor, be very careful because while most of the time it is good, there are a lot of students out there trying to pull one over. Studypool would rather keep the students coming back, without any regards for their tutors.

Review about: Studypool Assignment Help.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Cheating, Refund policy, Unresponsiveness, Poor customer service.

Comments

AmberK
Studypool Verified Representative

Hi, I’m Amber from Studypool. I am in charge of Customer Success.

I am sorry for any inconveniences you may have encountered on our site.For better insight, I will explain how the moderation team makes decisions about questions. Whenever a student posts a question and a tutor bids on it, there is compromise from both sides. If the student withdraws the moderation team will verify all the existing evidence on the question's page conversation board in order to reach a fair and prompt resolution. If a student leaves a bad reputation, we can evaluate it and decide if it should stay on the tutor’s profile or not.

A tutor’s reputation won't be affected if the student's reason for withdrawing is unfair, isn’t specific on the original post or if the student fails to provide enough information for the tutor..If the tutor fails to answer a question satisfactorily, we follow the guidelines found on https://www.studypool.com/warningpolicy which talk about warnings, bans and suspensions.

Tutors are held accountable for the questions they bid in. If the question is not complete, the tutor still need to answer the question within the deadline.Please visit the FAQ links on our website to understand how the platform works.Amber S.Studypool Customer Success